K. Erik Friess has a proven track record as a successful trial attorney. He has represented landowners, businesses and public agencies in many large, multi-million dollar cases. With 20 years of real estate litigation experience – and an emphasis on eminent domain, inverse condemnation, real estate valuation and land use issues – Rick is adept at devising and implementing effective litigation strategies and negotiating creative and valuable settlements for his clients. Given his comprehensive perspective on eminent domain and other real estate issues, clients frequently seek his advice on strategic planning regarding land acquisition, valuation, and land use issues before litigation arises.
- International Right-of-Way Association, Past-President of Orange County Chapter and held other offices including President-Elect, Treasurer, Membership Chair, and Newsletter Co-Editor
- Boys & Girls Club of Capistrano Valley, Past-President, Board Member, Pro Bono General Counsel
- Orange County Bar Association
- National Service to Youth Award, Boys & Girls Clubs of America (2008 and 2012)
- President's Award, Boys & Girls Clubs of Capistrano Valley (2012)
- Board Excellence Award, Boys & Girls Clubs of Orange County Area Council (2008)
In 1987, Rick received a B.A. in urban studies and planning at Revell College of the University of California, San Diego. Rick received his J.D. from the University of California Hastings College of the Law in 1990.