Bryan C. Jackson is the Editor of the Green Building Update (GBU), a weekly publication on green and sustainable building issues. Launched in January 2008, the GBU has gained thousands of subscribers. The GBU is designed for those who want to stay on top of green building issues but do not have the time to read the hundreds of articles and studies published each week on the topic. Each week, the GBU summarizes the top 10 to 15 published articles, highlights significant green building projects, and provides links to new research and guidelines. As a frequent speaker and author, Bryan addresses a wide range of construction topics including green and sustainable construction issues.
Green and sustainable construction goes hand in glove with Bryan's construction transactional practice. Bryan is a national expert in drafting and negotiating construction and design professional contracts for all project types including hospitals, sports facilities, dams, bridges, highways, airports, universities, hotels, high-rise office buildings, desalination plants, mass transit systems, retail power centers, environmental remediation projects, climate-controlled public storage facilities, tenant improvements, luxury apartments, condominium, parking structures, themed rides at amusement parks, and mixed-use projects.
In 2003, Bryan was admitted into the American College of Real Estate Lawyers. At Allen Matkins, Bryan is Chair of the Green Building and Sustainable Construction Group and Past Chair of the Construction Transactional Group.
Before attending law school, Bryan served as a legislative intern for then Senator Paul Laxalt and was the full-time manager of fundraising and development for the National Center on Deafness at California State University, Northridge. Also, he lived in Brazil for two years and speaks Portuguese. Bryan served as Cub Master, Scout Master and now Varsity Scout Coach for Troop 398.
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers (2003 to present)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Subsection on Construction Law, chair (1995-1996) and Real Property Section, chair (2004-2005)
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society, Los Angeles Chair (2000 – 2003); International Board Member (2003 – 2008); and an Area Director of the California Region (2009 to present)
- USC Real Estate and Business Symposium, Planning Committee member (1990 – present)
- La Canada Green Task Force (2010 -11)
- The Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the field of Construction Law (2010 - 2014)
- Named the Best Lawyers' Los Angeles Construction Law "Lawyer of the Year" (2013)
- Selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers (2004 – 2010, 2012 - 2013)
- People Making Waves Award, Adventist Healthcare (2002)
Corporate Counsel Top Lawyer (2011)
- American Registry of Business Excellence (2011)
Who's Who in America (2012)
Bryan received his B.A. from Brigham Young University in 1983 and his J.D. from Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School in 1986.
- All California state courts