David L. Osias is the firm's Managing Partner. His law practice has two distinct focuses: Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights and Water Resources.
Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights
David is the senior member of the firm's Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Practice Group. He is widely recognized as an authority on creditor and debtor rights in out-of-court workouts and restructurings, federal and state-court receiverships, and reorganization and liquidation bankruptcy proceedings. David has represented a broad range of clients with respect to debtor-creditor matters.
View more information on David's Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights experience.
David is a senior member of the firm's Environmental & Natural Resources Practice Group and has substantial expertise and experience in a variety of water rights, water supply and water resources matters. He has appeared on behalf of clients before state and federal courts and the California State Water Resources Control Board, and numerous local public agencies and has handled significant matters involving the Colorado River, groundwater adjudications, and agriculture to urban water transfers.
View more information on David's Water Resources experience.
- American College of Bankruptcy, Fellow
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- California Bankruptcy Forum, past president and director
- San Diego Bankruptcy Forum, founding member and past president
- San Diego County Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Section on Environment, Natural Resources & Water
- Federal Bar Association
- Colorado River Water Users Association
- Named the Best Lawyers' San Diego Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law "Lawyer of the Year" (2013)
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the fields of Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, and Litigation - Bankruptcy (1995 - 2014)
- Selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers (2007 - 2014)
- Named one of San Diego's Top 10 Lawyers for 2011 by the San Diego Daily Transcript
- Awarded Turnaround Management Association's Transaction of the Year- Large Turnaround Award (2011)
David received his B.S. from the University of California, Davis, where he graduated with honors and obtained his J.D. from University of California, Berkeley, School of Law at Boalt Hall.
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California