Adam L. Stock is the Chief Marketing and Client Services Officer at Allen Matkins. Adam leads marketing and client development initiatives for firm members as well as practice areas and industry groups. He oversees the firm's branding, external communications and client relationship support. Prior to joining Allen Matkins, Adam was the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer at Dorsey and Whitney LLP.
Adam brings his passion of marketing and technology to helping law firms doing a better job providing value to their clients. Before joining the legal profession, Adam hired outside law firms as a high technology executive for Adobe Systems, Auctiva Corporation, Electronics for Imaging, Inc., and several start-up companies.
He is frequent speaker on law firm sales, technology and video. Adam has been the Chair of and instrumental in growing the Legal Marketing Technology Conference/West into the premier technology conference for legal marketing. He serves on the board of Legal Marketing Association. He is a Board Member of the Legal Sales and Service Organization (LSSO).
- 2015 LMA International Your Honor Awards: 1st place and Best in Show - Advertising; 1st place - Newsletters; 3rd place - Practice Development.
- 2014 Member of the Board and Chapter Presidents' Chair, Legal Marketing Association
- 2013 President, LMA Bay Area Chapter
- 2012 Member of the Year, Legal Marketing Association - Bay Area Chapter.
- 2012 LMA International Your Honor Awards: 1st place - Interactive marketing; 2nd place - Newsletters; 3rd place - Websites.
- Chairman of LMA Bay Area's Legal Marketing Technology Conference 2011-2014. Increased attendance 100% and tripled sponsor revenue, and created award-winning promotional videos.
- Dorsey Marketing Department named top 15 Law Firm Marketing Department by American Lawyer Media, 2005.
- Featured as “Legal Sales Pioneer,” in 2005 and named “Motivator of the Year 2004” by Sales and Marketing Management Magazine.
- Founded a successful online auction management services company facilitating over $400M in online transactions annually.
- Early member and key contributor at six startup companies, two of which went public (EFI & Liberate).
- Closed partnership deals with Fortune-500 companies including AOL, Cablevision, Comcast, HP & IBM.
- Presented at over 100 professional and financial conferences.
- Legal Marketing Association (LMA) - LMA Organizational Structure Task Force Member (2015), International Board of Directors (2014), Chapter Presidents Committee Chair (2014), LMA Conference Committee Advisory Board Member (2013).
- Legal Marketing Association (LMA) - Bay Area Chapter - Sponsorship Chair (2014-2015); President (2013); Co-Chair of Legal Marketing Technology Conference (2011-2015); Lead Marketers' Roundtable Co-Chair (2009-2014).
- Hildebrandt Institute, Social & Digital Media For Law Firms 2012, Conference Co-Chair.
- Legal Sales and Service Organization (LSSO), founder and board member.
- Personal Broadband Industry Organization (PBIA), co-founder.
- B.A. from Yale University, cum laude, computer science and molecular biophysics & biochemistry