Allen Matkins offers entertainment industry clients a full-service practice in all facets of the entertainment industry.
We work with clients in traditional entertainment (such as motion pictures, television and music) and digital media (animation, visual effects, online music, videos and games, and cutting-edge digital enterprises, including production, distribution and content development).
We also represent entertainment industry lenders, executives and services providers, such as talent agencies and managers, visual effects companies and others.
We advise clients on traditional and emerging aspects of entertainment law, including:
- Contract negotiations
- Financing transactions
- Production and distribution agreements
- Entertainment guild and union contracts and disputes
- Intellectual property licensing
- Digital content
- Video and online games
- Digital distribution
- Mobile platforms
- Advertising and marketing issues (including sweepstakes)
In addition, Allen Matkins’ lawyers provide counsel and representation in day-to-day matters of entertainment industry clients, such as:
- Intellectual property protection (including trademark, service mark and copyright registration, portfolio management and defense)
- Real estate leasing, financing, land use, environmental matters, and purchase and sales of properties
- Labor and employment advice and representation (including wage/hour, mass layoffs, and discrimination and other employee claims)
- Tax (including property and federal tax issues)
- Entity formation, capitalization, financing, governance and securities issuances
- Large-scale corporate and business matters, including acquisitions, sales
- Reorganizations of businesses, initial and secondary public issuances, and compliance with state and federal securities laws