We represent both large and small employers across diverse industries in all areas of labor and employment law involving litigation, counseling and advice, and traditional labor law.
We work with our clients to create innovative, cost-effective and practical solutions to the most complex problems facing employers in California, as well as provide effective representation in court and in administrative proceedings.
Our areas of focus include:
In addition to federal and state litigation court practice, our attorneys regularly appear on behalf of management before administrative agencies such as:
- California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- National Labor Relations Board
- U.S. Department of Labor
- California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement
- California Employment Development Department
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Cal/OSHA
- California Division of Occupational Safety & Health
- Occupational Safety & Health Review Commission (OSHRC)
- Occupational Safety & Health Appeals Board
- Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA)
- Workers' Compensation Appeals Board (132a and "serious and willful" matters)
Allen Matkins' Labor & Employment Practice Group was recognized as one of the best in California by Chambers USA in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
Law360 named Amy Wintersheimer Findley one of its Female Powerbrokers in 2014.
Chambers USA 2014 has ranked Allen Matkins as the number one real estate law firm in California for the 13th consecutive year. Our Construction Group, Labor & Employment Group and Environmental Group were ranked again this year in California. The 2014 edition also recognized Allen Matkins labor and employment attorney Dwight L. Armstrong.
The 2014 edition of The Best Lawyers in America recognizes 31 Allen Matkins attorneys. Dwight L. Armstrong named Orange County Labor Law - Management "Lawyer of the Year."
Corporate Counsel magazine's survey of the Top 500 U.S. Companies chose Allen Matkins as a "Go-To" law firm for labor and employment in 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008 and in 2006.