Valentine S. Hoy is a partner in the firm's San Diego office, who represents businesses, private investors, real estate developers, licensed professionals and builders before courts, juries and arbitrators throughout California in a broad range of cases, many of them involving business-to-business contract and business tort litigation, co-investor disputes, nondisclosure claims, commercial landlord-tenant and construction disputes, and real estate consumer mass tort, class action and homeowner association lawsuits.
Val’s non-real estate litigation experience includes cases involving antitrust, director's liability, securities fraud, trade secret, defamation, malicious prosecution, investor and partnership litigation, tax litigation, interference torts, fraud and misrepresentation, employment litigation, and the professional liability of lawyers, securities brokers, real estate brokers and engineers.
Before joining Allen Matkins, he was a partner of Luce Forward Hamilton & Scripps, where he practiced for 24 years.
- San Diego County Bar Association
- American Business Trial Lawyers Association
- Louis Welch Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- San Diego Museum of Man, trustee and past president
- Named the Best Lawyers' San Diego Litigation - Construction "Lawyer of the Year" (2015)
- Named the Best Lawyers' San Diego Litigation - Real Estate "Lawyer of the Year" (2013)
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the fields of Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Litigation - Construction and Litigation - Real Estate (2008 - 2015)
- Selected for inclusion in San Diego Super Lawyers, Business Litigation (2007 - 2015)
- Named in San Diego Magazine's "Best Lawyers," April 2009 (Real Estate Law)
- Named in San Diego Magazine’s “Best Lawyers,” April 2010 (Bet-The-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation and Real Estate Law)
- Named to the "Top San Diego Attorneys” list in the San Diego Daily Transcript, 2007 and 2010 (Real Estate Litigation)
- Martindale-Hubbell A-V Rating
Val received his J.D. from University of California, Davis School of Law with Order of the Coif honors, and his A.B. in economics from Occidental College.