Valentine S. Hoy is a partner in the firm's San Diego office, who represents businesses, private investors, real estate developers, licensed professionals and builders before courts, juries and arbitrators throughout California in a broad range of cases, many of them involving business-to-business contract and business tort litigation, co-investor disputes, nondisclosure claims, commercial landlord-tenant and construction disputes, and real estate consumer mass tort, class action and homeowner association lawsuits.
Before joining Allen Matkins, he was a partner of Luce Forward Hamilton & Scripps, where he practiced for 24 years.
- San Diego County Bar Association
- American Business Trial Lawyers Association
- Louis Welch Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- San Diego Museum of Man, trustee and past president
- Named the Best Lawyers' San Diego Litigation - Real Estate "Lawyer of the Year" (2013)
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the fields of Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Litigation - Construction and Litigation - Real Estate (2008 - 2013)
- Selected for inclusion in San Diego Super Lawyers, 2007-2012 (Business Litigation)
- Named in San Diego Magazine's "Best Lawyers," April 2009 (Real Estate Law)
- Named in San Diego Magazine’s “Best Lawyers,” April 2010 (Bet-The-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation and Real Estate Law)
- Named to the "Top San Diego Attorneys” list in the San Diego Daily Transcript, 2007 and 2010 (Real Estate Litigation)
- Martindale-Hubbell A-V Rating
Val received his J.D. from University of California, Davis School of Law with Order of the Coif honors, and his A.B. in economics from Occidental College.