Timothy M. Hutter is an associate in our San Diego office, where he practices in the firm's Litigation group. Tim's practice focuses primarily on business and real estate disputes, including contract, construction, joint venture, land use and landlord/tenant litigation. He is well-versed in electronic discovery and frequently works with clients to develop comprehensive strategies to review and analyze their information systems for litigation. Tim also handles cases on appeal, and has successfully represented clients in the California Court of Appeal and the California Supreme Court.
In 2012, Tim went to trial in the pro bono representation of a client seeking damages for violation of his civil rights pursuant to 42 U.S.C. 1983 and was recognized for his efforts by the Chief Judge of the United States District Court, Southern District of California.
Prior to joining Allen Matkins, Tim worked as a summer associate in the San Diego office of Luce, Forward, Hamilton & Scripps LLP.
- State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers (ABTL)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California's Pro Bono Panel
- Building Industry Association (BIA), Young Generation of Leaders (y|GEN) Board member 2013 and 2014
- Allen Matkins Community Outreach Committee
- St. Michael's Catholic Church, Poway, California - Tim volunteers his time alongside his wife, Tara, who is the Director of Youth Ministry.
- Yale Club of San Diego, member
- Yale Alumni Schools Committee, member
- Named to the The Daily Transcript's Young Attorneys 2012
- Finalist for the San Diego Business Journal's 2013 Emerging Generation Awards (25 in their 20s)
- Featured as Rising Star of the Month in the February 2014 edition of the Attorney Journal, San Diego edition
Tim received a B.A. in political science from Yale University in 2006. While at Yale, he was awarded the Samantha Landau Beggs Prize in 2003 and the Reginald L. Tucker Prize in 2006. Both awards recognized Tim for his leadership and contributions to his college community.
Tim received his J.D. from the UCLA School of Law in 2009. During law school, Tim worked as a law clerk for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office and volunteered with the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles.
- All California State Courts
- U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California