Robert R. Moore is a partner in our San Francisco office whose practice primarily focuses on complex business litigation, real estate litigation, and a variety of high profile cases. He is a highly experienced trial attorney, having tried more than 70 jury trials to verdict in state and federal courts in addition to numerous court trials. He has also represented clients in major arbitrations and before state and federal appellate courts and in administrative hearings and has tried a number of cases before the San Francisco Police Commission. Bob has represented clients in a wide variety of complex civil litigation including real estate, land use cases, business torts, contract disputes, partnership and corporate disputes, environmental lawsuits, professional negligence cases, products liability lawsuits, civil rights and bankruptcy/creditors rights matters. In addition, Bob has successfully defended at trial several cases resulting in defense verdicts for Irwin Memorial Blood Bank in lawsuits alleging HIV infection caused by blood transfusions, and successful defense for Cutter Laboratories, Inc., in cases alleging infection from contaminated blood products. In recent years he has tried a number of cases involving high stakes real estate disputes and corporate disputes. Bob has also tried a number of high profile trials, including the defense of a San Francisco Chief of Police for violations of the First Amendment.
Bob has argued 14 cases before the First and Sixth Districts, California Court of Appeal, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal, the Maryland Court of Special Appeals and Maryland Court of Appeals.
Prior to becoming a partner at Allen Matkins, Bob was the founder and principal partner of Moore & Associates, a San Francisco defense firm. Prior to forming Moore & Associates, Bob was associated with the San Francisco law firm O'Connor, Cohn, Dillon & Barr. Preceding private practice, he was an Assistant District Attorney with the San Francisco District Attorney's Office, where he successfully prosecuted a wide variety of felony trials, including homicides.
Prior to entering the legal arena, Bob played professional football with the Oakland Raiders, Denver Broncos, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Prior to playing professional football, Bob played at Stanford University where he was elected into the Stanford Sports Hall of Fame. While a professional athlete, he served as the Vice President of the National Football League Players' Association and was co-chairman of the NFL Safety Committee, a member of the Performance Negotiating Committee for the NFLAA, and the Bert Bell NFL Retirement Plan. Bob has been a frequent guest on KTVU's "Mornings on Two" with Ross McGowan, appearing as a commentator on current legal issues including the O.J. Simpson trial, Elian Gonzales immigration matter and Scott Peterson trial. He has also appeared on the Nancy Grace Court television program as a trial analyst for the Scott Petersen trial. Court TV Radio has also featured Bob as a trial analyst.
Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl, Board of Directors
- First Place for Youth, Board Member
- St. Joseph's Health Support Alliance, Chairman of the Board
- Named among the Top 100 Lawyers in Northern California by Super Lawyers (2013)
- Selected for inclusion in Northern California Super Lawyers (2005, 2006, 2008, 2012 - 2013)
- Daily Journal named Berg & Berg Enterprises, LLP v. City of San Jose, tried by Robert R. Moore, a "Top Plaintiff's Verdict by Impact" (2012)
- The Recorder named Berg & Berg Enterprises, LLP v. City of San Jose to its list of California's Million Dollar Verdicts (2012)
Bob obtained his B.A. from Stanford University, and his J.D. from Stanford Law School in 1983.
- State Courts of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- United States Bankruptcy Courts, Northern Districts of California
- United States Bankruptcy Courts, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit/U.S. District Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Bankruptcy Appellate
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. District Court of Colorado