Michael E. Palmer is the firm's executive director, and has served in this capacity since 2005. He is responsible for all administrative functions for the firm.
Prior to joining Allen Matkins, Mike spent more than 18 years as the executive director for four large law firms located in Los Angeles and Dallas. He has also served in several financial and administrative capacities with an international oil and gas company, as well as eight years with Arthur Young & Company as a certified public accountant.
Mike has spoken on various financial and leadership topics for the Association of Legal Administrators at chapter meetings and at the Association's regional and annual conferences, and for law-related organizations in New Zealand, Australia and Brazil. He has also written articles on various law firm management topics.
- Association of Legal Administrators (ALA), member and various leadership positions, including Los Angeles chapter president (1995 to 1996) and international association president (1999 to 2000)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Fellow of the College of Law Practice Management
- Spirit of ALA Award, the highest award given to its members, 2002
- ALA Outstanding Volunteer Award, 2005
Mike has a B.A. in economics from the University of California, Los Angeles.