Allen Matkins has successfully litigated employment cases throughout California, including trials in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento, Fresno, Ventura, and Alameda Counties.
We regularly represent clients in claims involving:
Wage and hour class actions
- Harassment - sexual, racial, religious, etc.
- Wrongful termination
- Employment discrimination
- Breach of contract
- "Whistleblower" claims
- Invasion of privacy
- Misappropriation of trade secrets and confidential information
We also regularly appear on behalf of employers before administrative agencies such as the:
- California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH)
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
- U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)
- California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE)
- California Employment Development Department (EDD)
- Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA)
We also represent companies during affirmative action audits conducted by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), as well as investigations into independent contractor/employee classifications by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Employment Development Department (EDD).