Michael J. Holmes is a partner in our San Diego office. His practice focuses on business and real property litigation and dispute resolution in state and federal courts as well as commercial leasing and related services for retail, office, industrial and mixed use developments. He has particular experience with handling matters involving commercial contracts, construction, landlord-tenant issues, ADA and state accessibility requirements, resource issues, corporate conflicts, hospitality and recreation industry issues, easements and unfair business competition. He is also experienced in appellate practice, mediation and arbitration proceedings.
Mike has experience supporting businesses at all stages, from large corporate interests to startup companies and individual commercial asset investors.
Mike has authored articles and lectured on subjects ranging among leasing, accessibility laws and regulations, construction law, commercial center management and civil procedure.
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California, Litigation Section
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- California Asset Management Professionals (CAMPros), co-founder
- University San Diego Student Appellate Oral Arguments, Judge
- Science Olympiad Programs at Carmel Valley Middle School and Carmel Del Mar Elementary School, Coach
- San Diego County High School Mock Trial Program, Attorney Scorer
- Service members Civil Relief Act, court-appointed pro bono counsel
- San Diego Community Outreach Committee, Chair
Mike received his B.A. from the University of California, San Diego, and his J.D. from the University of California, Davis School of Law, where he was Editor in Chief of the U.C. Davis Law Review.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- All California State Courts