Michael J. Holmes is a partner in our San Diego office. His practice focuses on business and real property litigation in state and federal courts. He has particular experience with handling disputes involving commercial contracts, construction, landlord-tenant issues, ADA and state accessibility requirements, corporate conflicts and unfair business competition. He is also experienced in appellate practice, mediation and arbitration proceedings.
Mike has authored articles and lectured on subjects including landlord-tenant law, accessibility laws and guidelines, construction law, and civil procedure.
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California, Litigation Section
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- USD Student Appellate Oral Arguments, Judge
- Science Olympiad Programs at Carmel Valley Middle School and Carmel Del Mar Elementary School, Coach
- San Diego County High School Mock Trial Program, Attorney Scorer
- San Diego Community Outreach Committee, Chair
Mike received his B.A. from the University of California, San Diego, and his J.D. from the University of California, Davis School of Law, where he was Editor in Chief of the law review.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- All California State Courts